Pages

Tuesday 14 October 2014

I'm gonna make this place our home

"This is home."

Do you ever get that feeling? When you go somewhere, old or new, and it hits you like a tidal wave: you've come home.

I felt that way in London, but since I'm not quite wealthy enough to live there, I've been looking for a place in my hometown. There have been hardly any available flats all summer and autumn, so it's been a very frustrating search. The best ones always got snatched right from under my nose! However, it seems I do have a bit of luck on my side after all, since I just found the perfect flat in the centre of the city. Apparently there were over ten applicants, but the landlord liked me the best. The importance of first impressions, eh?

Fast forward a couple of weeks: everything is in place and I'm sitting on my desk drinking my favourite tea. The balcony door is open, the autumn leaves cast a perfect view of warm red and orange, and I think "yes - I've truly come home."
















No comments:

Post a Comment