Pages

Saturday 12 July 2014

British at Heart

Long time so see! There was a time when I thought I might give up blogging (after having barely just started), but today, fresh winds are blowing and I think it's time to start again. We'll see how this goes, but for now, let us begin.

This was our address during our trip.
So. I went to London last month. I only stayed for a few days, but as it was my first time in Britain, it was long enough. I'm from a small town in Finland, so needless to say I was quite overwhelmed by the size of everything. The shops, the crowds, the buildings, the level of noise... holy sheep! Nevertheless, I enjoyed every minute and I quite feel like a part of me stayed behind when I jumped on the plane back home - corny as that sounds.

Our schedule was packed, but I managed to do all the things that I was most looking forward to. I saw the Lion King musical, visited the Sherlock Holmes museum, had ice cream in Hyde Park, drank way too much tea, experienced new tastes and did quite a lot of shopping on Oxford Street, Kensington and... well, all over to be honest. Since I also visited a relative in a suburban area, I also got to see a slightly different side of London, far from the city buzz. It was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go again. There's a Sherlock Holmes exhibition in the Museum of London from October 2014 to April 2015, so that might be a perfect time window. Can you tell I'm a bit of a Holmesian?

Anyhow, until the next time, here are some pictures of the trip. I'll also be sharing a little haul in the next post, so if you're interested in cosmetics, books and the like, stay tuned!




Lebanese restaurant




The guestbook at the Sherlock Holmes museum.




No comments:

Post a Comment